Tuesday, September 20, 2011

And here we go...

Hello, my name is Sara and I'm a freshman here at Winona State University, now in my 5th week of class, studying cell and molecular biology. Don't worry, it's really not as sophisticated and complex as one would think, I'm only majoring in this field because I plan on counting teeth the rest of my life by being a dentist, so I'm pulling out all the stops to get there. I decided to start blogging not because I think hundreds of people will follow me as I blog my way through this portion of my life but because I figured it would be a way for my nosy mother to keep in touch with my life without feeling the need to call me every five minutes (Not that I particularly mind, I love my mom, she's just trying to let go of her "Bear" so I'm giving her a little leeway by finding a way to keep in touch even when I can't always call) Plus, I need something to do in the few moments I find for myself.
Right now, the only thing I'm struggling with here at school, is how to deal with a broken heart. My boyfriend dumped me two weeks after I left for school and You'd think after 14 months together a two hour time distance wouldn't be a a huge issue, but I guess not. So, moving on is incredibly difficult and having a roommate makes expressing emotions nearly impossible without sounding like a cry baby; so for now, I'm trudging through the day just waiting until I can crawl up into my 6 foot high bed, curl into a ball and let the emotions pour out of me like a broken faucet. 

Aside from men being the root of nearly all that is evil (I do believe women play a small role into it, unfortunately), classes are easier to manage than I was expecting. I have a full weekly schedule including chemistry, biology, chemistry lab, biology lab, math, public speaking, orientation, MAC lab, and the gym, to which I dedicate myself to everyday for an hour and 2 hours on Saturdays and Sundays. I am determined to keep the Freshman 15 from getting me, but between gym time, a healthy assortment at the cafeteria and walking up steps at least half of my day, this doesn't seem to be too difficult; although, I will not let my guard down. Must be strong.

So, I suppose that's it for now, I still have plenty of homework to get done, so I better get going on it. Well, here's to an awesome school year and journey of life lessons. 

"I can do all things through him who gives me strength"<><

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing!!! Keep looking forward!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite a girl!!! You can accomplish anything you set your mind to.

    ReplyDelete